The Institute for Business and Technology is licensed to operate as a non-degree granting private institution by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) and to offer the courses described in the school catalog pursuant to California Education Code known as the Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009.
IBT is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). ACCSC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally-recognized accrediting agency.
IBT is also accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET). ACCET is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
IBT's Electrician Program is approved by the Dept. of Apprenticeship Standards – Electrician Certification Unit. Students in the program are eligible to receive their Electrician Trainee's (ET) Card while they are in school
- Accreditation and licensing materials are on display in the school’s lobby
- CRHAC program affiliated with ESCO Institute
- CRHAC program offers Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- California State Department of Health Services
- Laboratory Field Services for Phlebotomy certifications